Modified: July 31, 2013, 12:28 pm
Places that Hire at 15
Because summer is here and an average teenager has a list of fun things to do at hand but not a single penny available at one pocket, many young adults opt for a summer job that eventually – for some – has become their permanent work even when the school year has already started. There are a lot of places that hire at 15, by just being observant and keen to find a job, one can generate income immediately while having fun. Here are the examples of those places most teenagers often consider:
- Restaurants / Snack bars: Everyone may start on waiting tables. The pay is very enough to save for the upcoming school year or just to save for something else. The job is not stressful, instead, it allows young people to socialize and observe professionalism to customers at a very early age.
- Nursery School / Special Schools: Nursery school is a bright choice for teenagers who like both kids and teaching at the same time. Most of time, teenagers are tasked by school heads to just assist kindergartens and little children in playing, doing simple math, singing and dancing. Also, there are special schools available for those students who have undergone special training and seminars in a specific field. The pay for part-time teaching is a bit higher for it requires additional educational background to meet the standard of the school. But still, it is one of those special places that hire at 15.
- Beaches and Resorts: During summer, most people would want to have a quick swim on beaches and pools – that means more jobs for professional swimmers. Sitting around and watch people to ensure no accidents will happen pay a great fortune. However, as a qualification, a great swimmer shall also be a first-aider. Most companies hire teenagers because they both have the knowledge of first-aid instructions as taught in school and they swim for fun.
- Online: Freelancing has always been an in thing. Several teenagers, especially 15 year olds, will opt to share their thoughts and experiences through article writing, blogging and book writing. Blogs with a handful of followers could generate cash as long as it is regularly updated and interesting. A lot of employers search for brilliant articles writers who could share their imaginations, put it into creative words and let the world read everything.
- Community: The streets may be silent but the neighborhood may need services from young adults in tasks like babysitting, lawn tending and household assisting. These activities are full of fun which requires energy, passion and positive attitude in which most teenagers have as an advantage. Also, it could create a bond of friendship and develop socialization skills as these teenagers deal with each household in the community, which is a positive learning a person can achieve just because of a work experience.
A lot of teenagers may say that it is not the money they are after but the sense of responsibility and independence each work gives them. No matter what the reasons are, like a normal workplace, there is a lot to learn at places that hire at 15.