Modified: October 27, 2013, 10:22 am
Looking for a job – the business world offers a handful.
High school is packed with a long list of opportunities to enjoy and an empty book to fill in with learning. However, as a 15 year old young adult, it is wise to develop a sense of responsibility and independence at this point so that in few years from now you will be prepared to face the real world.
So, to have an unforgettable high school experience, Don’t you think it is time to write your resume and try some of the following opportunities? We all know about the stories of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs, in few years time what will be your story to tell?
The Business World of jobs for 15 year olds
Lets be honest, most businesses and the way employers carry out their business, they are unlikely to hire teenagers. There are legal reasons for that and also experience requirements that is almost impossible to have at 15 years old. But this is a test everyone has to take. For now, this may be the most difficult part in job searching but as the hardness level increases so does the rewards!
The good news is, for teenagers, there are also different categories of jobs. Jobs that are mostly for teenagers and there is minimum risk of competing against highly skilled professionals and veterans. As a matter of fact there are jobs in this group that are only suitable jobs for 15 year olds and older and some might even have been designed for that class only.
I hope by the end of this page and after reviewing this site you will agree that there are no excuses on breaking the habit of playing video games for now. The real world offers a handful of fortune and opportunities for those who are determined and industrious.
What to expect?
Earning money, as important as it is, is not the only reward and should never be your only goal. Having a job is also about learning many new skills, both social and financial, through experiences and ever changing situations. Everyone in the work field is expected to act professionally all the time which would be a very good training before heading out for the real world. Having a professional attitude is something you should learn from your first job and carry it over till the day you are the CEO of your own company.
Imagine this, as early as 15 years old, the practice of proper dress code and ethics are cultivated through everyday work activities. Also, jobs for 15 years olds demands for references. This could play an effective tool in establishing a firm professional background and good job networking relation. These things are not as easy as some might think. So, consider filling them up before wearing the caps.
When you are ready here are some jobs for 15 year olds that have been handpicked for 15 years old in mind:
Jobs for 15 Year Olds:
- Office Work. Filling, answering calls, checking schedules and noting business meetings are jobs you can find in every company small or large. These are the jobs a teenager can certainly perform with due diligence. An office assistant does not need to be educationally competent. All he or she needs is a wide smile and right attitude in getting along with clients and office mates. Doesn’t that sounds like a start for an office career? The only catch here is that you have to check the laws in your state to make sure the office is legally allowed to hire you for such a job.
- Grocery staff. Grocery or retail stores are always fast growing type of businesses. Therefore, the hiring frenzy happens often every time they expand for business or even when the previous group of employees graduate from high school and look for different kind of jobs. As a result of this a number of good jobs for 15 year olds always opens in this group of stores on a weekly basis.
- Hotel / Lodges staff. If a hotel or lodge sits just nearby anywhere in town, it is a chance for employment of eager teenage earners. An employer would surely need some extra hand to greet guests and carry their bags for them; nevertheless, this is one of the high paying jobs for 15 year olds since the rate runs per hour – not the usual day to day basis of payroll – and then there are the tips. Aside from the good pay, the shifts are flexible enough so teenagers could balance work, home and parties. Again you need to make sure working under these conditions are legally permissible in your state.
- Sports Assistant. This is a chance for the physically fit teenagers who know how to play sports or those who are well-equipped with knowledge about game rules and tactics. All year round, sport clinics encourage children with big dreams to engage in sports in which a school athlete may offer his services for eager learners. As you can see this could also motivate a healthy exercise too.
- Gas Station Attendant. If curfew is not an issue, then taking shifts at the local gas station will surely be a good source of income to keep for the planned vacation trip for the holidays. The work load in gas stations is enough to keep someone enjoying while working. This is one of the jobs for 15 year olds considered mostly by young adults since it enables them to interact with other kids and act independently.
- Backyard Helper. In this kind of job, the pay may be based on the hours of work done or the area finished. As long as there is a busy family in the neighborhood or two aged couples who are not able to attend to their lawns anymore, there will always be a work available. This type of job is considered in group of jobs for 15 year olds.
- Car Wash. A car lot right outside a house may be the right working place. However, if your area’s policies doesn’t allowed using your own property for this, the city may grant permits to those who wish to build this kind of business. Aside from soap, cleaning materials, water and effort, there is not much investment needed to start this service. Some self-advertisement could increase the list of customers and when the shop appears active you will see clients come in no time.
- Media Specialist. Bloggers, online marketers, video production and photography may fall under this field. The experience here is more on the creative side. These kinds of jobs for 15 year olds tend to be more modernized and technology-based compared to the other mentioned jobs. You can start this job in your own circle of friends of family or you may look at sites like odesk or elance for job opportunities.
- Camp Counselors. Like babysitting, this is good for teenagers who love kids, stories and recreational activities. As we know camp organizers need someone with energy and enthusiasm to guide all these energetic kids. The main goal of camps is to give everyone an unforgettable time and that is why teenagers come as the best candidate for the job.
- Tutor. This is very tricky but if you have enough study or experience in a field (say web design or Internet marketing) you can share your knowledge and earn good money in return. You can also apply to tutor other students at your high school.
With the recent recession and the decline in the economy, more and more people look for a job from around 15 years old. These young men and women want to take their destiny in their hands as soon as they can. They want to become independent as soon as possible and maybe also help their families. Truth is it helps oneself to be prepared for the future by starting a career as early as now. A lot of jobs for teenagers are laid out in the business world waiting to be taken. Having a job as early as 15 can be a shining star in your resume for your future professional career.
Just remember, aside from education, attitude and professionalism, it is also a wise thing to have fun while working – this is only when life gets meaningful.